Frequently Asked Questions...
What is the difference between registering on the site (i.e. joining our distribution list) and becoming a member of San Francisco Bay Illini?
Registering on our site is completely FREE and members receive discounted prices and preference for tickets to Club events, access to Sponsor discounts, and access to the San Francisco Bay Illini membership directory (release pending). Details of member benefits can be found here. We expect that the savings members receive more than equals the small annual price of membership.
How do I register on the site (i.e. join our distribution list)?
1. Click the "New user, registration is FREE" link in the upper left hand corner of the Home page.
2. Enter your email address, and first and last name.
3. Complete the visual validator exercise.
4. Click "Join". A temporary password will be emailed to you within the next several minutes.
How do I become a member of San Francisco Bay Illini?
1. Click the Membership link near the middle of the navigation bar on the Home page and select "Join."
2. Choose the standard membership level - the price is $0.00. Click the "Continue" button.
3. Enter your email address, and choose a nickname (screen name)
4. Fill out your billing information
5. Click "Confirm"
6. Double check the information and click "Submit."
That's it! You're now a member. You will then receive a welcome email message and a temporary password. Please use the temporary password to log in for the first time, and change your password to something memorable.
Once I become a member, how do I know when my membership expires?
The new website tracks the date of membership or membership renewal. Memberships are for one year from the date of registration or membership renewal. To assist you with keeping track of your membership, when you are logged in, the expiration date of your membership is displayed on the homepage "Home" in a box titled "Important Stuff" (located at the top, on the left side of the homepage, directly beneath the horizontal navigation bar). We have the membership update annually to encourage each member to keep their information up to date as best as possible.
My user ID and password do not seem to work
Your user name is the email address you used to register for sfbayareaillini.org. If you can't remember your password, click on the ''Forgot your password'' link on the log-in page and we will send it to the email address you used to register for this website.
How do I change my RSVP guest list for an event?
1. Click on the My Account link at the top of the page.
2. Choose the "Edit my RSVP list" and click the "go" button.
3. Change any information that you'd like.
What else can I do when I login and go to the My Account area?
1. You can check to see what you have purchased online in the past from San Francisco Bay Illini, and then print out your record.
2. Find out which future events you have already signed up for. If desired, you can also change your RSVPs if you or a guest can't come and you need to fill in another name.
3. Easily learn your membership status. This enables you to go to the correct portion of the website and renew before your membership expires.
What is the Club's non-profit status?
We have applied and expect to become a state and federally-recognized 501(c)3 organization (ie, non-profit) soon.
What is San Francisco Bay Illini's affiliation with the University of Illinois Alumni Association (UIAA)?
San Francisco Bay Illini is funded by annual dues from its alumni members. The Club's mission is to serve prospective and current students and alumni through a variety of activities that include hosting events, keeping alumni updated of University of Illinois news, and facilitating networking and mentorship opportunities. San Francisco Bay Illini is recognized as an official local club by the UIAA. However, we are a separate and distinct entity and our local operating costs are not funded by the University or the UIAA.
We encourage alumni to become contributing members of UIAA - click here for more information. Alumni contributions help support and provide services to over 70 Illini clubs around the world. Examples of services include scholarship matching funds, coordinating speakers from campus, mailings and other services that directly impact the clubs and alumni.